IUB Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS, http://healthcenter.indiana.edu/counseling/, call 812. 855.5711 to schedule an appointment. First 2 sessions in a given term are already covered by your student fees; additional ones are quite low cost).
IUB Sexual Assault Crisis Service (SACS, https://healthcenter.indiana.edu/counseling/Sexual-Assault-Crisis-Service.shtml: the SACS team can be reached 24/7/365 at 812-855-8900.
FINALS STRESS MANAGEMENT RESOURCES FOR STUDENTS:
Please consider sharing these resources with your students this week to help them manage end-of-the–year stress!
How to Make Stress Your Friend (Ted Talk): https://www.ted.com/talks/kelly_mcgonigal_how_to_make_stress_your_friend?language=en
Drop In for Free Mindfulness Sessions:
FREE drop-in workshops at IU Health Center, 4th Floor! Mondays and Tuesdays 10:00-10:45am & Wednesdays and Thursdays 2:00-2:45pm. Dr. Carolyn Lee will lead you through a “Mindfulness” exercise, a research-based strategy to help reduce anxiety, improve concentration, regulate emotion, and much more! Bring a friend! (See attached flier)
Try These Free Apps:
1) Calm: students love these quick ‘time-outs’ to reduce stress
2) Take a Break: quick and helpful mindfulness to get through your day!
3) HeadSpace: introduction to and brief Mindfulness sessions, which can help your mind and body feel better
4) Smiling Mind: Mindfulness practice sessions and a way to track how you feel
5) Shine: Sends you daily affirmations and articles and you have access to short podcasts (e.g., “Shake off Sunday Scaries”, “Push Past the Midweek Slump”, “Beat Distraction”), 7-day challenges, and meditations. You interact with it like texting and it asks you to check-in with something you are grateful for and something you’re doing to take care of yourself that day.
FREE Drop-In Workshops (Monday Motivators):
Drop in for FREE workshops to boost your success at IU! Located at Wells Library room E159 (enter East tower and immediately turn left – room E159 is behind the Information Desk). Flier attached.
- Stress Management- December 3 @ 4:00pm
If you’re feeling overwhelmed, burnt out, or “blah”, this workshop is for you. We will help you learn skills to change the way you manage stress and take care of your stressed-out body!
FREE Online Workshops (Web Wednesdays):
Join CAPS counselor Kellen Fox, LMHC for FREE on Wednesdays at 11:00am for FREE interactive discussions and activities to help you be more successful at IU! Log on here: https://healthcenter.indiana.edu/counseling/Group-and-Workshop-Offerings.shtml
or go to www.iu.zoom.us to download the Zoom cloud meeting app, then enter ID# 541-962-473.
Finals Prep – Dec. 5 & Dec. 12 @ 11:00am
Stress out about finals? Log on for helpful tips on test, anxiety, studying, and more!
CAPS & SACS Winter Break Hours:
CAPS & SACS are open during most of winter break, including CAPS Now and Emergency Services. Our after-hours crisis telephone line is available anytime we’re closed. IU students, faculty and staff can call the CAPS after-hours crisis line anytime CAPS is closed to consult with a counselor about a student of concern. Simply call CAPS at (812) 855-5711, option 1. Call the SACS crisis line at (812) 855-8900. Check our winter break hours here: https://healthcenter.indiana.edu/about/hours-of-operation.shtml